Become proactive in negotiations by developing your international negotiation skills: learn how to use your own personality traits and boost your planning and preparation.
Advanced Negotiation Skills
Who should attend the Negotiation Skills Workshop
If you participate in international negotiations, you will benefit from the Advanced Negotiations workshop. You might work in international sales (e.g., sales director/manager, CEO) or be involved in sourcing negotiations with subcontractors (e.g., sourcing/purchasing director/manager). Or you may be involved in other demanding external/internal corporate negotiations (e.g., CTO, CIO, CFO). Whatever your negotiation needs are, this training program gives you the edge in tough negotiation situations.
The typical industry sectors of previous participants have been, e.g., electronics, other high tech machinery/product manufacturing, medical, scientific, research and IT.
Benefits of Advanced Negotiations Skills Training
- Increase your ability to negotiate more effectively across cultural barriers
- Apply global negotiation techniques with confidence in complex business environments
- Reduce contractual risks
Negotiation Training Program contents
This training links the demands of effective negotiation with the affects of culture. By understanding these affects we can adjust our approach to ensure clear effective communication.
Direct and Indirect Communication
- How each side sees the other and how this understanding can lead to improved communication e.g. face to face, telecon, email etc.
Persuasion and Reasoning
- Examines the individual 'default' preferences that we use when trying to persuade others and how small adjustments can help us to achieve our goal
Power and Hierarchy
- Understanding the implication of hierarchical or egalitarian approaches on communication
How Decisions Are Made
- How to adjust your approach and expectations by understanding how the other side processes decisions
- Understanding the differences between task and relationship based approaches and how trust is formed and developed
- How the concept of losing 'face' affects us all, but at different degrees of importance, and how understanding these differences can help build strong relationships
Feedback from previous Advanced Negotiation Skills courses
"Two days training was pure pleasure!! There are many people with good rhetorical skills, but you are super! You are very professional, very energetic and very motivating. It was a pleasure working with you!"
"Insightful comments & discussion on parties' behavior in negotiation. The negotiation exercises were implemented better than in any other training I have participated."
"The best were negotiation exercises similar to real negotiations and analyses during time outs."
Hinta 840 € (+ alv 24%)
Do you need a tailored training?
We customize company-specific negotiation skills training for your situation. For more information, please contact heidi.leidenius at fintra.fi