Who should attend
The training is suitable for those of who work in HR, in particular personnel development, in addition to your regular duties and wish to deepen and expand your knowledge on labor law.
You may be any of the following: a Controller; Administrative Manager; Production Manager; Office Manager; Supervisor; one of the key personnel in an expert organisation; Managing Director; Deputy Managing Director in the SME sector; Personal Assistant; or a Training Assistant. The training also benefits those who have already managed HR tasks, to upgrade their skills.
The contents of the training
Basics of Labor Law and legislation
- Labor Law System and its basic logics
- Legislation and starting employment relationship
- Directory rights of the Employer
- Collective bargain system
- System of elected representatives on employee side
- Local agreements
- Life cycle of employment
Employment Contracts Act
- Basic obligations’ role in succesfull employment relationship
– Provisions in the contract
– Ammending provisions
- Family leave
- Absence due illness
- Lay-offs and Changing the employment relationship into a part-time relationship
- Termination of the relationship and related best practices
- Certificate of employment
Working hours and other legislation
- Different solutions regarding working hours – importance and possibilities to succesful orgisation
– Working Hours Act
– Annual Holidays Act
- Equal treatment of employees
- Act on Equality between Women and Men and its application in employment
- Obligations set forth in Non-Discrimination Act in practice
Labor Law in Practice
- Correct and beneficial communication practices in employment issues
- Workshop: Leader/manager in an organization
- Negotiation practice and review
Learning Methods and Materials
The training days consists of short input sections from the trainer and lots of group work, exercises and discussions and real life cases. The training is active and activating. Prior to each module participants prepare pre-work and after the each module they apply what they have learned.
- you will get professional capacity and skills to apply labor law standards on supervisor role
- you will understand the role of employment issues on various collective agreements and co-operation issues
- you will understand the importance of employment affairs of the organization as a success factor
- you can compare best practices and learn new things
The training will take place at MIF´s training facilities, in Helsinki.
The participation fee is €2,950 (+ VAT 24%). The fee includes course materials, lunch, and refreshments during breaks.