Ever faced the feeling that diverse cultural backgrounds – in addition to providing richness to one’s working environment – provide a source for misunderstandings and conflict, too? To succeed in today’s multinational business environment, it is not enough that you are familiar with international business etiquette; a more thorough understanding of the impact of cultures is needed. This training helps you to get the best result with the least friction in your multicultural working environment. You learn to understand the most crucial cultural differences, recognize the potential pitfalls in multicultural team work, and develop your own skills to excel with colleagues from different cultures.
Benefits and objectives of Effective Working in Multicultural Teams
- Understand the underlying cultural values and issues better, and learn effective ways to deal with them (e.g. communication, time management, feedback)
- Get proven ideas for inspiring and motivating across cultures to get the best out of your collaborators
- Learn ways to handle cultural conflicts
- Be more flexible and resourceful in a multicultural environment
- The bottom line is to enhance your performance in a multicultural workplace: how you get the most out of the opportunities and resolve the challenges that a culturally diverse workforce offers.
Target group for Working in Multicultural Environment training
Professionals who work with colleagues and collaborators from diverse cultural backgrounds, e.g.
- project and team members and leaders
- those who deal with distributors or suppliers
- people working with subsidiaries in different countries (e.g. HR, Finance)
- people belonging to global (virtual) teams.
In short, this is a training for a professional who work with people from different cultural backgrounds.
Contents of Effective Working in Multicultural Teams
Gain a deeper understanding of cultures and learn how to adapt accordingly when required:
- Brief basics to the concept of culture: the influence of culture on people and recognizing major cultural differences
- How cultural background affects day-to-day communication: understanding differing cultural expectations. Choosing the right channel and style, so that your message is understood correctly
- Getting to the heart of issues: understanding what people’s real meanings are, when they might not communicate them directly. The tricky concept of yes & no.
- Cultural dimensions and their effect on organizational culture and multicultural teamwork
- The challenges of virtual communication: how to communicate effectively on the phone, via e-mail and in virtual meetings; special cultural challenges
- Properly taking into account the different attitudes to time saves trouble – and your schedule
- Your current practices: What do they say about your approach? How multicultural are they? How to adapt them?
Influencing across cultures and dealing with conflict in multicultural environment:
- How culture affects what we value and what motivates us
- Recognize crucial differences in hierarchy and leadership styles in various cultures, and thus wanted and expected behavior
- Your style of influencing seen from the multicultural perspective
- Ways to build rapport and good relationships with people from different backgrounds. What could destroy trust and how to avoid that?
- Influencing internationally – horizontally and vertically (facts, deadlines, relationships, personalities, values)
- How to deal with conflicts: conflict management and handling difficult people in multicultural teams
Price of Effective Working in Multicultural Teams
1 450 € (+VAT 24%).
The price includes two training days, training materials, lunch and refreshments.