Who should attend
- Managers and directors in charge of planning, guiding and managing the distribution network in their companies
- Key personnel in international sales and marketing positions.
Contents and timetable
Basis for Successful Cooperation with Partners 9.4.2018
- Strategy based steps in building partnership & channels
- Choosing proper business segments
- Building and maintaining multiple value chains
- Systematic way for successful partner selection: utilising Ideal Partner Profile
- Good Channel Value Proposition – paint an attractive, true picture (partner promise)
- Target on the key elements of distributors’ mindset
- Portfolio management
- Top salesman profile: assessing partners
- Defining key competitive advantages: what is your partners’ message to market
- Global account management: how (or if) to divide multinational customers and deliveries
Channel Management – Choosing the Best Methods 10.4.2018
- The key building blocks in international channel management?
- Joint Sales and Marketing Action Plan with channel
- How to build up an effective Sales, Pipeline and Forecasting process?
- Creating an effective Partner Program – what does it require?
- “The 90 Days Partner Ramp-Up Plan” process
- Sales Strategy Map as a tool for managing and measuring channel development
- Business critical sales tools for channel partner business
- What are the key sales activities when using sales channel?
- What really matters for the channel?
Managing Partner Network Across Cultures, 4.-5.5.2018
- Motivating remotely across cultures
- Keeping your topics and needs high up the priority list
- Psychological biases in intercultural decision-making
- Principles of inter-cultural persuasion & influencing
- Managing stages of cross-cultural relationship
- Defining stages of relationship
- Do’s and don’ts for practical situations
- Negotiating across cultures – reaching agreement
- Cultural factors in international communication
- Social identity theory & handling stereotypes
- Core cultural values to consider
- Various communication patterns in global business
- Managing communication and culture as a process
- Analysis of communication channels and effectiveness across cultures
- Improving remote communication channels
- Getting you message across in international communication
- Thorough analysis and coaching of your own cross-cultural business case
Professional Distribution Agreements 7.6.2018
- What contract clauses really mean: the interpretation of clauses
- When and why to use general terms and conditions
- The importance of CISG (Contracts for International Sales of Goods)
- Contract practices in different countries
- Impact of EU regulations on competition law
In this training the participant will
- get ideas and tools on how to plan and guide the international distribution networks
- learn how to motivate the partners to cooperate more effectively
- Create a strategic way for partner selection
- develop skills in drawing up professional distributionship contracts
- strengthen his negotiation skills with agents and distributors
- learn how to prepare against channel risks in advance
- Identify reasons for the bad results of the channel
- create a valuable and extensive network of export professionals
Methods used in this training include case work, lectures and exercises. A web-based learning environment will be used as an information source and channel for sharing ideas.
The structure and methods have been designed to give the participants an excellent opportunity to learn from top trainers as well as other companies, experiences.
The participation fee 3 450 € (+ vat 24%) includes:
- five training days
- training materials
- lunch and refreshments