Target group for Working in Multicultural Environment training
Professionals who work with colleagues and collaborators from diverse cultural backgrounds, e.g.
- project and team members and leaders
- those who deal with distributors or suppliers
- people working with subsidiaries in different countries (e.g. HR, Finance)
- people belonging to global (virtual) teams.
In short, this is a training for a professional who work with people from different cultural backgrounds.
To succeed in today’s multinational business environment, it is not enough that you are familiar with international business etiquette; a more thorough understanding of the impact of cultures is needed.
Contents of Effective Working in Multicultural Teams 7.6.2018
The influence of culture on people
- How cultural background affects day-to-day communication
- understanding differing cultural expectations
- choosing the right channel and style, so that your message is understood correctly
- Understanding what people’s real meanings are, when they might not communicate them directly
- the tricky concept of yes & no
- Cultural dimensions and their effect on organizational culture and multicultural teamwork
- The challenges of virtual communication
- how to communicate effectively on the phone, via e-mail and in virtual meetings
- special cultural challenges
Influencing across cultures and dealing with conflict in multicultural environment
- How culture affects what we value and what motivates us
- Recognize crucial differences in hierarchy and leadership styles in various cultures
- wanted and expected behavior
- what could destroy trust and how to avoid that?
- Influencing internationally – horizontally and vertically (facts, deadlines, relationships, personalities, values)
- How to deal with conflicts
Benefits and objectives of Effective Working in Multicultural Teams
- Understand the underlying cultural values and issues better, and learn effective ways to deal with them (e.g. communication, time management, feedback)
- Get proven ideas for inspiring and motivating across cultures to get the best out of your collaborators
- Learn ways to handle cultural conflicts
- Be more flexible and resourceful in a multicultural environment
- The bottom line is to enhance your performance in a multicultural workplace: how you get the most out of the opportunities and resolve the challenges that a culturally diverse workforce offers.
Trainer: Cath Barlett
Cath Barlett has extensive understanding of multicultural working environments from both theoretical and practical perspective, having lived and worked in five different continents.
She specializes in intercultural communication and leadership related skills, and has written books and articles on the topic. Some of the popular topics that Cath has been running in multi-national companies as tailor-made solutions are Supporting employees and managers across cultures, Negotiation skills, Consulting & coaching managers & employees and Dealing with challenging situations & conflicts.
Cath has strong business communication understanding and extensive experience in developing communication competencies in a global business context with many major companies.
Cath is also well-acquainted with the challenges of virtual teams and learning in global organizations. She has worked with people at all levels in companies starting from top management and ending at shop floor operations. Cath has developed several hands-on learning-by-doing competence development approaches in order to achieve world-class business results through training – and the customer feedback is excellent. She comes from Britain and nowadays lives in Austria, and has trained in Finland, Germany, Greece, Hungary, France, Portugal, India, China, Japan, Indonesia, Russia, Brazil, Columbia, Turkey, Iran, Dubai, Lebanon, Sweden, Norway, Kenya and the UK within the last few years.
Price of Effective Working in Multicultural Teams
820 € (+VAT 24%).
The price includes one training day, training materials, lunch and refreshments.