Our corporate responsibility is guided by the ISO 9001:2015 -standard and the ESG strategy for our Group’s education business:
- Environment – Even learning has a CO2 footprint
- Social – People are our source of strength
- Governance – Responsible governance promotes well-being
These three priorities measure the sustainability and ethical impact of our education business.
There is no goods production for our group’s education business, so the main carbon dioxide impacts come from facilities and commuting. Our environmental responsibility is therefore based on choices that reduce the carbon footprint of our employees, customers and partners:
- Facilities located in key locations: shorter commuting distances, easy access by public transport, bicycle or walking.
- Teleworking and meetings are easy and flexible for staff and partners; participants can join all training sessions online.
- Printing and copying are minimised: we focus on e-learning environments and material distribution, automatic paper usage reports and total reimbursement for all printing and copying.
- Energy renovation of the Töölönlahti campus: including a low-consumption LED lighting system, district heating and cooling system and energy-saving windows.
The social responsibility of our Group’s education business is highlighted in three different areas of responsibility:
- Customers: customer needs are the cornerstone of our operations, so we constantly interact with our customers and use a wide range of pedagogical methods to ensure the best possible customer experience.
- Employees: An equality, training and safety plan and a health programme ensure a good workplace for all. Through flexible working conditions, we promote the well-being of our staff in a sustainable way.
- Partners: our Group’s training business is a trusted partner that takes responsibility for its partners and expects all partners to share the same values and principles.
We promote equality: our Group’s education business does not discriminate on the basis of age, gender, nationality or orientation in any aspect of its activities.
The values of our Group’s education business are trust, courage, commitment and results.
Responsibility towards our customers, our employees and our partners is at the heart of our Group’s education business. We are also committed to good governance in all our activities.
We promote transparency, for example through our internal control and ethics channels.
We will develop our education business in a responsible way so that growth supports our ability to care for our staff, our partners, our customers and our assets.
We report transparently on our education business, our financial performance and our direct and indirect economic and environmental impacts.
UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) selected in cooperation with the Group’s education and training staff
3. Ensure healthy lives and well-being for all ages.
4. Ensure open, equal and quality education and lifelong learning opportunities for all.
17. To strengthen support for the implementation of sustainable development and global partnership.
UN Sustainable Development Goals YK Kestävän kehityksen tavoitteet
Follow us on Social Media