We organize our training on site or remotely, depending on the situation at the time! Get full advantage of your distributors. Improve international sales channel development and representative performance.
Managing Distribution Channels
About sales channel management training
This training will provide the participants fresh perspectives and useful tools to develop the cooperation with their agents and distributors. It will also encourage participants to share their own experiences with each other.
To get the most out of the program we recommend that the participant should have a solid experience in international business.
This training will be held in English or in Finnish depending on the group and the trainer.
Managers and directors responsible for channel strategy in their companies, key personnel in international sales and marketing positions.
Content and Timetable
Basis for Successful Cooperation with Partners
- Strategy based steps in building partnerships & channels
- Choosing proper business segments
- Building and maintaining multiple value chains
- Systematic way for successful partner selection: utilising Ideal Partner Profile
- Good Channel Value Proposition – paint an attractive, true picture (partner promise)
- Target for the key elements of distributors' mindset
- Portfolio management
- Top salesman profile: assessing partners
- Defining key competitive advantages: what is your partners’ message to market
- Global account management: how (or if) to divide multinational customers and deliveries
Channel Management - Choosing the Best Methods
- Determining the needed Sales Activities to reach the Set Sales Target
- Leading the International Partner Business for Growth and Expansion
- Key Strategic Partner Programs
- Route to Excellence in Partnerships
- Critical Sales Tools in Partner Business
- Social Selling and Sales Processes in the Internet – impact on Partner Business
- What really matters for the channel?
Leading and motivating partners across cultures
Motivating remotely across cultures
- Keeping your topics and needs high up on the priority list
- Psychological biases in intercultural decision-making
- Principles of inter-cultural persuasion & influencing
Managing stages of cross-cultural relationship
- Defining stages of relationship
- Dos and don’ts for practical situations
- Negotiating across cultures – reaching agreement
Cultural factors in international communication
- Social identity theory & handling stereotypes
- Core cultural values to consider
- Various communication patterns in global business
Managing communication and culture as a process
- Analysis of communication channels and effectiveness across cultures
- Improving remote communication channels
- Getting your message across in international communication
Thorough analysis and coaching of your own cross-cultural business case
Professional Distribution and Agent Agreements
- The difference between agent agreement and distribution agreement
- Do you know what contract clauses really mean in distribution agreements?
- When and why to use general terms and conditions
- Contract practices in different EU countries
- Competition law and distribution agreements
- Choice of law in agreements
Benefits – how this training improves your Channel Management
- Get strong and straight in practice applicable tools to manage distribution channels
- Motivate properly your representatives in different countries
- Minimize communication misunderstandings
- Identify what causes poor channel performance
- Secure your operations with professional distribution agreements
- Create the selection criteria for the strategically most appropriate partner
- Create successful, long-term relationships with representatives
- Exchange experiences with other exports professionals, who make the export trade through distribution channels.
Price 3580 € (+ vat 24%)
The price includes five training days and training materials. Lunch and refreshments are included on training days in Helsinki.
Venue: Töölönlahti training campus, Mannerheimintie 15, 00260 Helsinki.
We organize our training on site or remotely, depending on the situation at the time.